My client, a Global Logistics company is looking for an Operations Clerk with a minimum of 2 years freight forwarding experience. The role is permanent and based in Thurrock. Great salary and benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays. Group Pension Scheme. Free hot drinks and free onsite parking.
- To ensure all the Operational targets in relation to service, quality and productivity are always met.
- Accurate input of data
- Raising customer orders on the system
- Efficient use of available communication tools to confirm all arrangements specific to the transport process and miscellaneous/ancillary transactions
- Selecting approved suppliers whilst considering cost and commercial viability.
- Assist in the processing of both sales and purchase invoices.
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with both customer and supplier.
Required technical skills;
- Minimum 2 years European Freight Forwarding experience.
- Word/Outlook and Excel knowledge and experience.
- Good maths skills
- Good standard of Education
- Excellent verbal and written English
Required personal skills;
- Excellent communication.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Team player, self-motivated and an ability to work without supervision, enthusiastic and driven.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Any European language
- Knowledge of AXIS 2 and FLOW