Our fast growing and dynamic client based in St Albans are looking to recruit an International Import Manager. The successful candidate will work very closely with the UK and Far East supplier network and be responsible for maintaining sales demand, maintaining inventory levels, ensuring the smooth flow of work through the business and ensuring products are ordered on time, within budget and to the company’s quality standards. It is crucial you have strong communication and organisation skills to be successful in this role
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring correct documentation is present for all orders
- The management of inbound freight across a number of manufacturing and distribution operations. This will involve managing carriers across sea and air freight and the associated commercial and operational aspects of doing so.
- Ensuring compliance with all logistical regulations
- Working closely with the Payments Manager/Team to manage the payment sign off process and to ensure compliance pre and post order
- Liaising with the team in the Far East to manage the QC sign off process
- Overseeing the movement of stock from the FE to UK
- Scheduling and negotiating lead times
- Making commercial and operational decisions in relation to the method of delivery
- Keeping a track of all orders and delivery schedules
- Managing the departmental calendar
- Managing the departmental order schedule
- Liaising with Accounts Department to ensure invoice/ Duty & VAT payments to forwarders are correct.