Working for our fast growing and dynamic client based in St Albans, you will be based internally managing the day to day coordination and reporting of the logistics department. The role includes working very closely with the Logistics Manager.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of fleet/transport management whilst managing a team
- Demonstrate the ability to add value and provide improvement ideas
- Experience/knowledge of FORS standards
- CPC certification would be desirable but not essential
- The ability to work well with internal departments and external organisations.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring at all times that the vehicles are safe and meet all legal requirements
- Ensuring that all Transport Team members are aware and adhering to their duties and procedures
- Be in sole charge of directing all transportation activities
- Monitor all the department expenses and report back ways of improvement to the Logistics Manager
- Ensure that all functions of the department are under your supervision and operate in accordance with the company policies, including Health and Safety and the company Environmental Policy
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets the agreed objectives and delivers best practice
- Review and implement ways in which the department can add value to the business.
- Manage and update all FORS standards including updating related documents and reports
- Take the lead in resolving unforeseen problems that may arise and ensure that an appropriate resolution is reached.
- Update and provide tracking information to customers as well as internal parties
Monitor and record all accidents, health and safety concerns and licensing issues