My client is looking for a Commercial R&D Manager. The successful candidate will oversee the process whereby a concept becomes a product. The day to day tasks includes making commercial decisions based on product development, introducing rules of engagement, building a concept, supporting and managing the sourcing of product, managing client expectations, dealing and resolving any barriers in the product supply.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced in new product development and procurement
- Have commitment to getting products from concept to supply
- Manage the process of concept to supply
- Present and implement process’ that benefit and grow the business
- The ability to adapt to change and new demands
- Possess strong organisation skills and a strong ability to implement and follow procedure
- Manage a team in the UK and China, whilst supervising the team in their day to day operations as well as coaching and developing staff
- Ideally have some experience within the lighting, electronics or electrical sectors
The main responsibilities will be:
- To collect and present information in a transparent and concise manner
- Present new ideas on process improvement and bring them to fruition
- Assist in compiling the departments 2 year strategy to achieve business aims alongside the Board of Directors, as well as reporting to the Directors on a weekly basis
- Build, implement and manage the departmental workflows and processes
- Sequence our production with manufacturing
- Liaising and chasing the Far East for product status and completion times
- Daily partnership with import procurement on logistical costs of product completion
- Ensure labelling, packaging is complete in line with overall manufacture
- You are responsible for ensuring we meet the departmental goals
- Create mapping and matrixes for manufacturing within the group
- Ensuring that resources such as manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity and materials are aligned to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Communicate new product launches and educate the business on new product releases.