My client, a Global Logistics company, is looking to recruit Business Development Executives. The successful candidate will win new business, with both existing and “new” customers, in line with the agreed business strategy and Key Account Plan. To promote the image of my client and support the key account management team in winning and maintaining an existing portfolio of profitable business.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- A good understanding of International Freight Movement
- Good understanding of warehouse solutions
- Experience of working in a supply chain solution field
- Ability to development new business whilst supporting existing business Customer negotiations to achieve competitive cost structures
- Ability to Prepare RFQ Tenders & Proposals
- Periodical report production
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Development of new business
- Development and maintenance of Key Account Plans for specific target customers, as directed by the Commercial Director
- Retention of existing business by demonstrating the width and breadth of the business to existing customers
- Customer negotiations to achieve competitive cost structures
- Handling quotation requests
- Preparation of RFQ/ RFI/ Tenders & Proposals
- Preparation of presentations to support an RFQ/RFI/ Tender response
- Preparation of presentations to support, and guide, customer meetings
- Maintenance of Global CRM database
- Participation in structured telephone and mail marketing campaigns
- Customer systems access training
- Maintain & increase volumes and revenues
- Provide support requested by the network
- Plan meetings with the UK Commercial Director, and wider Senior Leadership Team based on previous sales reports and statistics to identify remaining volumes or targets.
- Issue sales reports & quote requests and ensure appropriate follow up on all replies from the network with adequate quotes to tackle the business.
- Analyse statistics on a regular basis to check activity within the area and country as well as the Customer base.
- Provide recommendations to the network as appropriate.
- Handle any sales or operational issues requested by the network.
- Trade lane action plans
- Incorporate new sales tools as provided by the Sales & Marketing team