Our client is the UK’s leading independent provider of Flooring supplies to the trade. From Carpets and Vinyl to tools and everything in between delivered direct to the customers site or picked up from their trade counter they will provide everything their clients need as quickly and effectively as they can.
This is a friendly customer focused Trade Sales Warehouse so some experience of working with customers will be a real advantage with a commitment to providing the best service possible.
Working with the Branch Manager and the team at their busy Warehouse in Hemel Hempstead , the key duties of the Warehouse/Driver are as follows:
Customer service and company expectations
• Have a strong understanding of the importance of accurate and timely deliveries to clients
• Experience of managing your own routes
• Prepared to work in the Warehouse and assist other staff between deliveries
• Able to help to load the vehicle in the correct manner to expedite deliveries
Vehicles, Equipment and H & S
• Following the standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security in the workplace, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and flammables are stored safely. This includes understanding of accident reporting and the companies Health and Safety policy and its implementation and the reporting of any incidents to your manager.
• Fork-Lift license (Reach & Counterbalance) would be useful. Training / Retraining can be provided.
You will need to hold a full clean driving license all drivers will be DVLA checked
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
In return our client offers:
A Pension Scheme
Company funded eye tests
Staff Bonus scheme after probationary period if targets are met
Service awards recognising and giving thanks to staff for long service
Generous Annual leave plus bank holidays