Who are we?
Vergis/Wildanet is a start-up company with a mission. We are the first Cornish based WISP (wireless internet service provider), about to build and rollout a wireless network into the county’s rural locations, known as HTRAs (hard to reach areas).
We will be bringing genuinely fast broadband to residents and businesses who have been excluded from comparable metropolitan connectivity.
We are beginning our network roll out in January 2018 and plan to build long term relationships with the HTRAs and everyone in them and become a beacon of communication for the rest of the county and the world.
What do we want?
Vergis/Wildanet is looking for an engineer to develop our network, literally from the ground up. Our deployment schedule is fast and you’ll be responsible for making sure every bit gets to where it should. You’ll be able to show us you have an in-depth knowledge of ISPs and how they work.
We’re looking for someone who’s going to be able to grow with the company, someone who is able to work within a fast-paced team that works at speed and still expects very high-quality work.
We’re a young company and you will be required to stand in and stand up to every role a young company’s network development needs.
You’ll be based out of our Goonhilly HQ although as our network grows you’ll be expected to be able to support it wherever it is.
We’re looking to create a fully integrated team, at Vergis so we’ll expect our Engineers to work closely with Sales and Support to get the most out of our network and give the best service to our customers.
How do you fit?
- This is an engineering role that will suit someone who’s keen to become a lead engineer
- Previous experience installing IT equipment would be an advantage, installation of satellite or antenna equipment a distinct advantage.
- Qualifications or at least a willingness to work at heights, including tower rigging essential.
- Demonstrably enthusiastic, intuitive, gregarious and with excellent problem solving skills, with a total commitment to customer service, your abilities can be seen both inside and outside the workplace.
- Ideally you understand the frustrations of the HTRAs, and better still have experienced them yourself, whilst recognising the embodiment of good broadband services
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of something remarkable, growing as the company grows. Not for the fainthearted, it will mean commitment, trail blazing and long days but will also mean satisfaction, having fun, good salary and benefits, but above all being able to make a difference in Cornish communities
- Driving licence essential