Who are we?
Vergis/Wildanet is a start-up company with a mission. We are the first Cornish based WISP (wireless internet service provider), about to build and rollout a wireless network into the county’s rural locations, known as HTRAs (hard to reach areas).
We will be bringing genuinely fast broadband to residents and businesses who have been excluded from comparable metropolitan connectivity.
We are beginning our network roll out in March 2018 and plan to build long term relationships with the HTRAs and everyone in them and become a beacon of communication for the rest of the county and the world.
What do we want?
Vergis/Wildanet is looking for a full stack developer to help it created and develop its internet and intranet services
We want someone who’s able to see what’s needed and develop it. A Developer who can see what the customer needs as well as what the business needs and is able to get on with providing for their needs.
We are looking for someone who will be at the start of our organisation’s growth, someone who can see the potential and will work towards making Vergis/Wildanet something special. Someone with ambition.
We aren’t expecting someone with decades of experience but if you have that and are looking for something original, challenging and with unlimited future potential then this may be the role for you. If you don’t have decades of experience but you think you have the potential we are looking for, get in touch.
How do you fit?
- This is an IT role where long experience isn’t necessary but is preferred
- Preferred skills Git, Laravel, WordPress, AWS, Azure, LINUX (CentOS and Ubuntu) and RESTful API
- Previous experience of an ISP is desirable.
- Knowledge of the OSI 7 Layer model desirable.
- Demonstrably enthusiastic, intuitive, gregarious and with excellent problem-solving skills, with a total commitment to customer service, your abilities can be seen both inside and outside the workplace.
- Ideally you understand the frustrations of the HTRAs, and better still have experienced them yourself, whilst recognising the embodiment of good broadband services
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of something remarkable, growing as the company grows. Not for the fainthearted, it will mean commitment, trail blazing and long days but will also mean satisfaction, having fun, good salary and benefits, but above all being able to make a difference in Cornish communities
- Driving licence essential, our offices are at Goonhilly Earth Station, buses don’t go that way!